Sunday, January 04, 2009
2009 Happy Pakistan Series – 5 Hopes for the Nation
Academic Hassan Abbas shares his hope with Pakistan Paindabad.
[By Hassan Abbas; photographer is unknown]
I, too, have hopes for Pakistan in 2009.
1. Pakistan's counter-terrorism offensive will start showing results.
2. Benazir Bhutto's Killers will be exposed.
3. The moderate majority will begin prevailing.
4. Democracy will stand on its feet.
5. Pakistan's relations with its neighbours, especially Afghanistan and India will improve.
I will deem 2009 to be a successful year for Pakistan even if one of my hopes comes true.